We are a unique team of experienced finance professionals with a hands-on attitude
Swan’s ability to analyse a business and present numbers with increased integrity was excellent.
– FD, PE portfolio business
Swan Partners is a rapidly growing finance consultancy based in central London and Manchester providing hands on finance and commercial expertise and support to finance directors and senior teams, to assist them through demanding and often unusual periods of change.
The Swan Partners team have an average of 14 years experience from both advisory and corporate backgrounds. We have worked across a variety of sectors on over 600 transactions and special projects for a range of small, midcap, listed, PE backed corporate and public sector bodies with aggregate deal value of c.£46bn.
As former advisors and reporting accountants, we understand both the information required to be produced as well as how it will be used, and its likely interpretation.
We are used to operating at Board level, as well as for their direct reports, and are also familiar with the outputs required for this audience. Typically we work as part of the management team, in small teams to provide ‘sleeves rolled up’ support.
Swan Partners provides flexible resource allowing the CFO to determine how much assistance they need week to week. There are many benefits to the company, advisors and Private Equity of Swan Partners involvement:
Benefits to the FD
- Dedicated commercial, experienced resource with sole duty of care to the management team
- Improves deal certainty as deal momentum is maintained
- Information is collated and challenged before arriving at the CFO allowing them to review, not prepare, output
- Fit for purpose projections including key outputs for sponsor:
- Continued use in the business, not just for the life of a transaction e.g. re-forecasting, operational modelling
- Inclusion of base case, equity case and downside case in the same file
- Real time sensitivity analysis to enable scenario planning with an automatic bridge to base case
- Inclusion of actuals, tying in to management accounts
- Inclusion of functionality to forecast both known and blue-sky acquisitions
- Multiple funding structures and covenant analysis
- Dedicated resource for management to respond to questions
Benefits to Private Equity
- Support for the management team on a flexible basis
- Seamless working with other advisors, giving them greater visibility
- Output-led approach
- Understanding of transaction requirements
- 3rd party review and challenge before submitting to sponsor
- Short lead time, typically 3 days
Our clients include
Why we’re different
- Small flexible teams of experienced professionals
- Working side by side with management as doers not advisors
- Understanding the requirements of advisors and constraints in the business
- Sole duty of care to management
- Common sense approach, commercial and pragmatic
- Not lead advisors or due diligence providers
After founding with 9 people in 2013, we are now a team of 31 and are continuing to grow
To provide hands on and flexible support as an extension of management’s team with the challenge and preparation of deliverables, often to tight deadlines in high pressure situations
To create an environment which supports our clients, and the growth of our own team’s potential and talent
To be regarded as the best at what we do, providing commercial support working across the whole business life cycle